Thursday, March 25, 2010

Progress!

I'm all done with the first panel! (and almost done with the second.) Now I'm really not so worried about getting it done in time. After I drew out my designs and just got started, it's been hard to stop.

Sneak peak:
The pocket holds little stuffed shapes that will velcro on to match the other shapes. For them main pieces I decided to use duck cloth, since it is cheaper than wool felt, but will hold up better than craft felt. For the embellishments, the felt is wool-blend, but I used many 40% coupons :)

The whole design will be based off of this:


I've been pretty preoccupied with circus trains ever since I read Water for Elephants. Then I remembered that my brothers and I had this 70's Fisher-Price set when we were kids. The colors are perfect for felt. Did anyone else have this train set? I LOVE it. 

Can't wait to show you the whole thing soon!!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVED Water for Elephants. Such a great book...and what a fun project! It's coming along great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That HG is one lucky baby... looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be a buzz kill, but you got the wrong color for the second smoke stack... If you are trying to stay true to the original it should be yellow.
    .
    .
    .
    But, yeah, besides that it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... Just realized that you are pretty popular on here, and these people aren't familiar with my stupid sense of "humor"...
    So, just to be absolutely clear:
    You are amazing! I love you and I am so proud of you!



    I'll just be even more proud when you fix the color on that short stack.
    JK! LOL! ROFL! LMAO! BRB! IHSMFOODLNAICWTGOADWYITNF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love that you two have been together since high school. You are too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.