Saturday, February 25, 2012

LTTSA Play Town: All in the Details


So now that I've started on this project, I think I might be having the most fun yet. There are so many ways to add great details with trims, appliqués and fun stitching. And I love the fact that I've used only scraps. I'm going to get my foam this weekend, with a 50% off Joann's coupon in hand. You could opt to use Polyfil if you have some on hand, but the buildings would not stand up and keep a square shape as well. Have you seen Liv's little bike shop? Adorable.

What ideas have you had for shops and buildings? Any special trims you are putting to use? I can't wait to see everyone's creativity!

Don't forget, we will link up starting Wednesday, but you will have a full week from then to add your play towns or any other project from the book Little Things to Sew. (If you are new around here and want to know what I'm talking about, check out the sew-along tab at the top of my page.) You could win an awesome pattern from Figgy's!








11 comments:

  1. These look great. Question, my machine doesn't have that satin stitch, (is that what it is called, the embroidery one that you used to line the windows.) At least I'm pretty sure it doesn't, anything I can adjust or do to get my stitches to look like that?

    And yeah, the foam is gloriously expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kind of projects!! This is going to be SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is amazing. So creative. You are right. You are doing amazing things with trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are really adorable! I love all of the details you've put into them so far. Gosh, I wish I had more hours in the day so I could try these this week. Maybe one little house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh.... your little town is gonna be sooooo CUTE!! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! your kids are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see them all done! Lov ethe wooden building the most!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is looking adorable!! Wishing I had hopped on the train! Looking forward to seeing all of the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, gang. Help a gal out. I snagged a JoAnn's coupon from Sunday's paper (you know...ritual and all...) but what kind of foam am I looking for for these little houses? Should I just walk in all deer-in-headlights like usual and snag someone that works there? Anyone have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caralyn... I'm not making the houses, but having made another project using foam, I'd say you need their high density foam. And ask them to cut it to the sizes you need if they will, as it's not that easy to cut. It's expensive (thank goodness for their coupons!), but it will hold its shape nicely. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.