Just popping in on this hot and beautiful holiday to tell you guys about a big blog event coming up. Should be loads of fun. Also, I'd like to say THANK YOU so much for all your sweet words about my Nanny and the PR&P win. I wasn't able to reply to each one like I wanted to, but you have no idea how much it meant to me! My grandfather and parents enjoyed reading through the comments as well. Thank you again!
Announcing Purse Palooza 2012!!This is a fun event, which I will be guest posting for in June over at Sew Sweetness to get you sewing a purse for the summer! Here's how it works:
1. Every weekday in June, there will be 2 amazing guest bloggers scheduled to share with you a purse sewing pattern review. The review will contain detailed information about what they thought about the sewing pattern, modifications they made, what kind of interfacing they used, and more! Get inspired!
2. Even more exciting...THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY EVERY WEEKDAY IN JUNE! That's right, 20 GIVEAWAYS! Your Giveaway Fairy Godmother is Kim from My Go-Go Life - she has some unbelievable giveaways planned.
3. At the end of the event, you will get a chance to show off your purse in order to win some amazing prizes!
|My free tutorial: The Underwater Stripes Bag|
1. Check out all the purse pattern reviews throughout the month and get inspired to sew up a purse of your own!
2. Join the Purse Palooza 2012 Flickr Group.
3. Link up your completed purse to the Flickr Group BETWEEN JUNE 4th and JULY 11th. Your purse must be created and photographed between those dates; purses made prior to June 4, 2012 will be disqualified. The purse may be of your own design, or made from a sewing pattern.
4. You may link up to 2 views of the same purse. More than 2 photos of the same purse will be removed from the group.
5. There is no limit to how many purses you may enter, as long as they were made between June 4th and July 11th, 2012.
|My free tutorial: The Urban Jungle Bag|
The Prizes First off, there will be a team of lovely judges that will choose 1st through 6th place. ALSO, 3 randomly chosen winners will be picked out of EVERYONE who completes a bag! Some great chances to win!!
* $50 gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop
* 3-pack of books from Martingale Publishing * $50 gift certificate to Zipit * $70 Pellon gift pack * fat quarter bundle and sewing pattern from Art Gallery Fabrics
* fat quarter bundle and sewing pattern from Art Gallery Fabrics * 3-pack of books from Martingale Publishing * fabric bundle from Sew Fresh Fabrics * $30 gift certificate to Spoonflower
* fat quarter bundle from Art Gallery Fabrics * 2-pack of books from Lark Crafts Publishing * $20 gift certificate to The Quilted Castle
* fat quarter bundle from Art Gallery Fabrics
3 Randomly Chosen Winners
$20 gift certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics
Aren't those prizes amazing? You know you want a new summer bag anyway. Or three to five new summer bags. Check out this post for more info on the great guest bloggers and the patterns being reviewed.