Friday, July 27, 2012

Interrupting Pirate



This was me late Wednesday night after a visit to a very questionable urgent care. A babysitter was scheduled to come at 9 that night so we could finally go see Dark Knight Rises. (I cannot overemphasize how excited I was to see this movie.) About an hour before that, Hendrix was sitting on my lap on the couch singing me a nice song. Then he decided to tickle my face, which turned out to just be slashing my cornea with his fingernail. The Dr. said it was the biggest corneal abrasion he's ever seen, but he also decided an eye patch was all it needed, then sent me home. Obviously, I wasn't going to be visiting the movie theater that night.

After a night and morning of feeling like my entire eyelid was lined with needles, I finally went to a real eye doc. He gave me a protective contact lens, so the patch was no longer needed. Also drops for pain and antibiotics for infection. And he had me come back today to check on the progress.

The moral is, urgent care guy sucks, always see the real eye doctor. Like my husband says, the eyes are the testicles of the face.

The other moral is that kids ruin everything. You love them to death, but don't tell me it's not true.

Anyway, most of my sewing and blogging plans were interrupted by this, not to mention the big batman plans. It's getting much better, but it still burns to look at a screen for very long. So now I'm going to have to put on my shades and try to suffer thru Project Runway.



Mostly I just wanted to show you how I was a legitimate pirate for a day.




By the way, voting for Shorts on the Line is up at Imagine Gnats! If you were a fan of our mini SteveZ, I'd love for you to vote for Hendrix's Euro-shorts, #33.


Go here to vote.
Go here if you missed Film Petit: Life Aquatic









19 comments:

  1. So sorry about your eye, but the "testicles of the face" comment had me rolling on the floor laughing. My closest friend had a severe corneal abrasion a few weeks ago after cataract surgery and even though it took a little while it did finally heal just fine. But hubby is right--that is one of those circumstances when you need an opthalmologist handling the situation. And, yes, children do screw up lot of things, but they more than make up for it when they give you grandchildren. Hang in there! And thanks for the much needed laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,you look great as a pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyes are the testicles of the face. Lol. Wasn't that a Dwight schrute combat quote?

    You're right. Kids do ruin everything. It's sad but true. Pretty much everything I do or try to do is destroyed by my little people. Especially violet! Today I found her trying to chew the light off of my leather kindle case. Wtf, wee one?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrrrggg! Sorry, had to do it! I hope you and your face testical feel better soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. So sorry that happened.... Such a bad pain!!! On another note, you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have done that to myself before :( I went to the Urgent Treatment a few months ago because I had something stuck in my eye, and they made me do the Big-E vision chart test (I couldn't even open my eye) and took my temperature. Then they told me they had nothing on hand for pulling crap out of people's eyes. After a co-pay, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crappy crap crap. That is totally sucko, Jessica. I hope you feel better soon, but you do make a pretty awesome pirate. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are absolutely right... kids do ruin everything! ;) thank heavens they are cute sometimes! you do look super awesome as a pirate though and i think i will be laughing about the eyes being the testicles of the face all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUCH! Not fun. Hope it heals quickly. But hey, at least you didn't get shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it heals soon, although you do rock the pirate look. My friend's son broke her nose trying to give her a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm not sure which i like more: pirate jessica or d-bag jessica (the pic you posted on instagram today). both are so very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a bummer!! So sorry for you - hope it heals well & quick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee! that's no fun! It's true, kids bring on the drama at the most unwanted times. I hope your eye heals up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaarrgg! Kids do ruin everything and if they don't husbands often pick up the slack :). I hope you are feeling all better soon. You can totally pull off the eye patch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, the best laid plans! I hope your eye is doing better...I can't imagine how much that hurt! Damn kids :)
    The good thing is that you make an awesome pirate. Argg, matey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ouch. So sorry about your eye. Kids are the worst (and the best).

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend was just telling me earlier today about her daughter scratching her eye and how much of an ordeal it was. :(. Get well, soon.

    I hope u get to see Batman. I never get to go to the movies but I did on Friday and Batman was great!

    Also, "testicles of the face"=hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my gosh. I'm so sorry! Layla has poked/scratched my eye more times than I care to remember. Everytime I want to shake her and say "Kid don't you know this kills!?" But I just end up holding my hand over my eye in pain. So I can only imagine how terrible that one was since it had to be followed up with a trip to the doctor. I hope it heals quickly and that you are able to hug your child without damaging thoughts lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Between testicles for the face and the kids ruin everything line, I think this is the best post ever. I don't know though. You should have a 5 funniest posts vote or something. We need to keep track.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.