Sunday, November 29, 2009

Coming out of the turkey coma...

...three days later.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family in Tennessee. So so good in many ways.

Here is part of what I did for the table decorations. Not a great shot, but you can see the glittery fruits:



The picture really does not do the sparkliness justice. I just took apples and pears and sponged some mod podge on, then dusted with Martha Stewart craft glitter. If you ever do something like this, it is totally worth it to spring for the Martha glitter. It's a little pricier, but it's very fine glitter, so it looks beautiful and not like a kid's school craft project.

My Nanny saw me preparing these on Wednesday night, and in classic Nanny fashion, was very put off that the fruit would be "wasted" instead of eaten. But when she saw it on the tables, she said it looked like a "festive restaurant" in there, so I was satisfied. The jars in the center are just twigs from a store-bought swag and then leaves made from metallic origami paper sandwiching them. I like to call it a "glam-natural" Thanksgiving :)

Anyway, the fruit would look very festive for easy Christmas decs too. They are going to stick around all season.




HG loved my parents dog Harley, who spent the whole week running away from him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.