Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Kid Gifts

Got to check a couple more handmade gifts off my list today! (Just 3 more to go. Maybe?)

For my nephew Evan, I made this fun "I spy" bag. I've seen these all over the internet and have wanted to make one, but didn't want to take the time to collect 20 tiny items to put inside. Then I was putzing around Etsy and found this shop which sells little kits to make them that include the vinyl window, the beads, the key, and all the treasures. All you have to buy is the fleece. It was really easy to put together.





Then for my niece Madison, who is 4, I bought personalized paper dolls from this seller. (She has lots of other cute cartoonized ideas, like CDs and potty charts!) You just send a picture, and she turns the kid into a doll and sends you the PDF, which includes 5 outfits. I was a little worried how it would come out, but it really does look just like Madison. (Except the doll only has 4 fingers, weird.)

I printed them out and then put them on a roll of adhesive magnet sheet I got at Michael's. Then I covered that with contact paper and cut everything out. Here she is, wanting to go tubing down the river in her princess dress and slippers- typical.



I had an unused cookie sheet lying around, (?) so I cut a little scenery out of scrapbook paper and covered it all in  clear contact paper:



I also made a pink felt pouch to hold all the clothes and accessories, which attaches to the back with velcro:



I hope they enjoy their new playthings!

I wonder if it would be weird to make paper dolls that look like myself...yeah, my head on that little girl body is pretty weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.