Monday, March 21, 2011

Wedding Gift Coasters

We went to a wedding on Saturday and Nick played a couple of songs in the ceremony. I wanted to make the couple a small gift, but didn't really know what. Luckily, I saw these Friday night and decided a little set of quilted coasters would be perfect. We didn't even own coasters for the first 3 years or so of our marriage. In fact, we didn't even own glasses, we just lapped water from our hands... ok, that's a lie. Those were actually the good old days before kids when we could have bought any set of fancy-pants coasters our hearts desired. Heck, we were super-rich back then when I think about it. I don't know if you guys have ever heard this before, but kids change everything. Just a brand new piece of wisdom for you :)


Anyway, I'm no quilter, but these were pretty fun and quick to make. I tried to quilt each one differently.






I didn't take a picture of this, but I also made their card by sewing some of the matching scraps on the front of folded card stock. I played a little with the letter embroidery feature on my new machine and stitched "love" into the corner. I was impressed by how easy it was to program whole words in.











3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the Muslin as a neutral fabric instead of a solid broadcloth, it has much more character. What was the finished size of the coasters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute coasters, I love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute and your fabric choices are great as usual

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.