Thursday, October 20, 2011

KCWC Day 6


Yikes, I'm a little late wrapping last week up. I don't know where this week has gone. Mostly into pots of chili, pumpkin farms, hanging out with good friends, enjoying the Walking Dead premiere, keeping up with a scooting babe and delving once again into sewing hell. (I know, I said never again. They pay pretty well, what are you gonna do?)

I made this little Amelia top on Saturday, which ended up being my final KCWC garment. Sunday was just too perfect not to go to the farm... So I made something 5 out of the 7 days, which I'm really happy with. I usually sew at least a little every day, but trying to finish something every night really is a marathon. A fun one, nevertheless.



I really adore how this pattern turned out. I just need to find the right color onesie for Elsie to wear underneath. I added the piping detail around the neck and under the bodice, and used it instead of the fabric trim suggested around the bottom. I'm mostly just a huge fan of piping. It makes most everything better. But putting it one the corners of the neckline was pretty tricky. I'm pretty sure knowing how to bind a quilt helped me with that one.



The button is from my mom's vintage collection. I just love the pop of brick red, very fallish don't you think?


I'm entering into Celebrate Color this month. I hope to scrape together a couple more entries, but October is disappearing way too fast. How did that happen?? I still have to start Halloween costumes and make my LTTSA aprons- I still haven't got past the cutting!

Speaking of the sew-along, if you are waiting on your leader to get her crap together, just check out Jenny's post. She links to a great bias tape tutorial, and gives awesome tips for sewing with laminates. Love it. And don't forget, if you link up this month you might win a couple Mama Stellato patterns- including this Amelia top if you want. Yay for sew-along sponsors.



Celebrate Color






WARNING! Totally unnecessary and gratuitous kid/pumpkin pictures ahead...












16 comments:

  1. That little top is sooo cute! I love the butterfly fabric, and the piping really 'makes' it! Beautifully done!

    My apron is cut, too, but not sewn yet. Here I go right NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!! That butterfly fabric is awesome and I totally agree, piping makes everything better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest top. I love the attention you pay to the details.

    Also, that is how most of our family photos turn out, most of everything, but a top of a head or part of facing, missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the piping! I've never done it myself, but love the look of it. What a super cute top!

    I love all the Fall activities going on this time of year, plus there's always a costume or two to make, so I think October is a really hard month to get anything done in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE. love the piping and the button is perfect. i'd never seen that pattern before! pinning now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet top, the colors go beautifully togther! And what cute pumpkin photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top is incredibly cute! The fabric choice, the piping, the button...Perfection!

    I'm still trying to decide if I want to make one of the aprons or something else. As cold as it feels tonight, maybe the mittens are in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Don't you just hate it when you don't have a matching onesie... after all that work! Sometimes I'm tempted to sew up a quick undershirt.... The button is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful top! How cute ...

    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one sweet top the contrasting piping and button really make it look so special! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto what everyone else said. That top is really adorable

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is seriously adorable. And it looks like you and the family had fun at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The piping looks awesome. So glad you entered this into Celebrate Color! We're off to the apple farm this weekend. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the dress! You are right, the piping adds so much and I love that you chose such a great color for it. Same with the red button. This top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! I love the piping, too!! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! This is a lovely top and your attention to detail is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.