Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's Scrappenin.

Getting back to my scraps this week. It's really fun to be a part of the quilt-along and see everyone else's scrap progress. But I've realized that I don't want to finish my Japanese + & x  blocks by March. For one thing, I don't think I could even if I tried. I'd have to forego all other sewing, which you know I have too much ADD for.

But I also just want to enjoy it. I have a crap ton of scraps and I love making these blocks up out of fabric combos I've used in other projects. I envision having about 80 of them when I'm ready for it to be done. That probably won't be until fall or the end of the year... I think I have a total of 15 right now.

Anyway, here's the new batch. Like little scrap firecrackers.






Oh how they make me happy! I think I will have to try a separate pillow or mini for the scrap attack. These are for more of a slow-sipping kind of quilt. 
You might recognize the fabrics in that last picture from my bro quilt. That block on the right I cut up as I was making last month's do Good Stitches blocks, mod mosaics. Such a striking look, but yeesh do these things take forever:


December DGS block 1December DGS block 2




And here's just a little peek at another quilt I'm working on this week. It's a little retro, a little traditional, a little out of my comfort zone, and VERY red. It's totally growing on me though- I can't wait to finish this one up:




Official Scrap Sorter/ Adorabilty Infuser:






Lastly, I forgot to mention before that I guest-posted on my lovely friend Rachael's blog last week. I mostly talked about whatever I wanted and the crafty things I'm into lately, including 4 sewing tools I can't live without. Check it out here!












13 comments:

  1. I love the x blocks. I was going to try to make that quilt for my kiddo's first birthday--coming up way too quickly--but maybe I'll savor it over the year and make it a second birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blocks!, i have a sorter too, mine is 18 months old and it looks like she loves fabric as much as mummy does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the x and + blocks...I am making some to swap, but this'll be a months long project at least.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mod mosaics are awesome! I've got a similar one that's been sitting half quilted for about three years. Whatever you do, don't stitch in the ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I see some Creative Thursday fabric! Your scrap quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all of the color in your post! everything is so pretty but i love those mod mosaics. they are on the horizon... distant... but there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief, you are a quilting machine! I love the blocks. All your prints are so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i finally started on some scrappy blocks last night. and (oddly) i don't think i'll have enough scraps to do what i originally intended. so i'm thinking about maybe making a few smallish quilty things. no idea what those would be though ;) thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those scrappy blocks...makes me want to take a break from my solid kick...thanks for all the info you passed on about using flickr to join a bee. i watch the board a lot but haven't joined anything just yet-but so glad for the resource!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE those scrappy blocks! The are too fabulous...and it's even better that they're just made from scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm equally in love with x & + blocks. They are so fun! And your adorability infuser is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are spectacular! I won't mind seeing them pop up all year long =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I love these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.