Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrappy Trip Confession


Scrappy trip along


Yes, I'm doing this too. I almost feel guilty and weak about it, because at first I swore I wouldn't succumb to the craze.  Then one day, without putting in much thought, I just grabbed my entire stash of blue fat quarters and began cutting them up in order to join in the #scrappytripalong that started spontaneously on instagram. 

It's fast and fun and satisfying each and every time a block is finished. It's based on this great tutorial. However, it's not so fast if you decide to make 56 of them for a queen sized quilt.




I'm now halfway there, with 28 blocks done. The top picture is my first 16, but after that my Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets arrived and all the blue ones were immediately cut up, along with some blues from her Constellations line, which I got at Sewn Studio. I'm loving the blocks even more with all those mixed in now.

I'm hoping I get to make more progress next week, after I finish the new baby quilt I shared with you last week. Sometimes it's just fun to join in, no pressure, no prizes or deadlines. Lots of people are finishing up their quilts now- check out the Flickr group for lots more inspiration. Or search the #scrappytripalong tag on IG. (I'm alittlegressica)




I also wanted to let you know that if you're a newer quilter in the Cincinnati area, I'm teaching a class on this block on Saturday February 9th at Sewn Studio. Check out their site and call the shop for more info.





8 comments:

  1. This is looking great & agree - even better with your new fabrics mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so soothing in all the different shades of blue. That's going to be so lovely when it's finished. I've almost finished my first quilt top, getting impatient for it to be finished now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started doing a quilt as well! Mine is made out of triangles... its taking forever, but it was will SO worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great! I've been admiring all the quilts on instagram. I haven't made one yet, but I'm very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love all the blue hues and what an ambitious project! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand why you succumbed. And I love the all blue version you're making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is going to be so awesome when it's done! that constellation print is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a few of these, but I have to say your colorway has got to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.