Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Boston

I think we went to Boston... like two months ago. Seems like forever, but I suddenly had the urge to post these pictures.

It's been a quiet week around here because we had some family in town, and while I did finish that hellacious project, there hasn't been nearly enough sewing around here. And sorry if you were looking for last week's PR post. I've found that once a day or two has passed after the episode, I have nothing to say about it. Or maybe I just have a very short memory.

On to pretty pictures of pretty cities...









 Someone really loves their Papa.

Closest to a family picture we got.


 


I guess it was an exhausting vacation...


Seafood!


And I don't know what this place is, I just liked this picture Nick took in the North End. We did get to go out one night for some good Boston beer with cousins while my parents kept the kids in their hotel room. That is a rare and appreciated happening these days. 



I realize I didn't really take a wide variety of pictures, but honestly, we didn't do much but eat some good food, tour Fenway, and visit the aquarium. It was great fun, but probably not the ideal destination for toting two under three. The kids were great, but I really want to go back just the two of us and experience the city in a different way. 

I should say, the kids were great, besides the traveling home day. After two planes, a layover, and an hour car ride at the end of it, Nick and I thought we might take to sticking pencils deep into our ears. It was stressful to say the least. I wish I could remember enough details now to tell you a really funny story, but just know that many types of bodily fluids were involved. It's amazing how quickly you get used to lots of bodily fluid contact as a parent.










1 comment:

  1. I love Boston - one of my favorite cities. Lots of historical places that have plaques describing their significance. I MUST read every. single. one. What can I say...I'm a closet nerd.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.