Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shorty come home.

I made shorts for Hendrix! I wish I had tried this much sooner because I would not have bought him any new pairs this summer. It was easy with this tutorial.  
  
I made them from an old men's button up I bought at a thrift store a while back. Ugly prints on men's shirts= very cute toddler shorts. 

The pocket from the front of the shirt conveniently becomes a back pocket. This shirt only had one pocket, but with a two pocket shirt, you could have them on both sides. 
  

I made a couple mistakes, but I couldn't believe how cute they turned out! I think I will be making his every pair of shorts until he decides he is too cool for elastic waist. That's still cool in high school right?  

5 comments:

  1. Nice handiwork! He's a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I hope I never have to buy clothes, people keep passing more clothes our way for the little boy!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute on that baby who knows how to say Bubbles. I would like those for me , now that I'm entering the elastic waist shorts stage of my life for the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is soooo cute & those shorts are amazing, great job:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.