Sunday, March 11, 2012

Supermodel Documentary Hour!

I really needed to have a for-real "about me" page like a for-real respectable blogger, so I asked my coworker Rachael to bring her camera to work at the last minute Friday morning for a little photoshoot. I'm the worst at this kind of thing. I have no idea how to act in front of a camera. We stood out in front of a coffee shop next door and looked like awkward dorks while people walked by. Well, I did anyway, she was mostly wondering if I was having some kind of seizure or something. At one point I apologized to Rachael for being such a goober, and the lady walking by thought I was apologizing to her and said, "It's ok! I think it's awesome!" Really? You have low standards for awesome.


This ended up being the money shot. You can pop over here to read my new little bio and about where my blog name came from. 



And of course you need goofy outtakes. I'm really glad I was smart enough to wear something that makes me look as wide as possible across the middle.

"Let me show you how I take my free throw shots."


"I am so thoughtful and whimsical, aren't I? And hungry."


"Make sure you get one that shows off how freakishly long my neck is!"



A million and a half points to whoever knows what stupid movie that post title is from, which my weird friends and I quoted obsessively in high school.





18 comments:

  1. It's a great photo! You have a gorgeous smile, and great hair! Shoot, all of my headshots are done with a remote at home and show my lazy eye and mid-pregnancy fat face. So I think you got an amazing, respectable photo for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful photo! And just look at your beautiful skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo looms great, though I understand your photocopy angst. I'm the same way! I can take anyone else's photos all day but when it's my turn I feel so sel conscious!

    P.S. I watch Arrested Development, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look who's a SUPERSTAR!! ;-) Cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo! Love it! My best "model session" ever was when we were in Seattle and I had a big burger and a microrew at lunch...! Good thing my dress was a loose-fitting one. But yeah. I hear you on the awkward - but you're so cute! And now you're official. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I don't have an about me page. I love your photos and hearing the story behind your name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute pic! you are so funny! i love your outakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a long neck. It goes with so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the photos look GREAT. Loved to read a little more about you, thanks. And a long neck is so slimming and supermodel-ish. (I'm sure you love all the comments on the long neck). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your captions CRACK me up! Especially the hungry one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha! i'm a professional, you know, and working under these conditions didn't even phase me. you're welcome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I think any time it is your turn to get a photo taken it is hard...I would always prefer to be behind the camera, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so cute! Ha, low standard of awesome. That may be my new favorite saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the record, I hate posing for pics too (and I end up making the most ridiculous faces in 3/4 of them)...but you look adorable! Such a fantastic pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! I enjoyed your little "about me" page. Those kind of pages are easy to neglect. thanks for the reminder =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the intro - and love that you guys took time to get some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's funny! I had a friend take photos of me this week too. I unfortunately looked like I was having a stroke in many of them and your outtakes really are supermodel standard compared to mine....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.